Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hot Lemon Pie

Do you like lemon?  Well, this lemon pie is so amazingly easy and fast to make, your oven won't even be warmed up by the time you are ready to bake!  And at the end, you will have only one thing to clean, your blender!

You end up with a custardy, creamy, delicious pie in NO time at all, with barely any work involved!  Are you in? 

Hot Lemon Pie
Ingredients
1 large Meyer Lemon, washed well
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 9-inch pie crust

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350F.

Cut the lemon into medium-to-large pieces (depending on your blender capabilities).  Remove the seeds but that is it.  Keep the rind and peel intact!  Put all of the ingredients (except the pie shell!) into the blender and whirl like crazy.  The mixture will be foamy.  Keep blending until the mixture is smooth, with no lumps of butter.  Pour the mixture into an unbaked pie shell and bake for 40-50 minutes.  This pie sets up like custard.  Serve warm or chilled.  Refrigerate any leftovers.
Printable Recipe

I know that this recipe calls for a Meyer lemon, but I am going to try it with a regular lemon next time.  I think as long as I don't end up with one of those lemons that is has a gigantic amount of rind, it will still work!  I like the tartness of a regular lemon better than the Meyer lemons, personally.  However, this pie is delicious and you can always adjust the sugar content to your preference! 

Oh, and please note that there are lots of tiny slices in the picture on top because this was on a table with lots of other pies for Thanksgiving!  Feel free to use normal (bigger!) slices for this pie!



4 comments:

  1. I adore lemon - this looks right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it! It is so easy it is just crazy!

      Delete
  2. Your filling looks softer than mine. How long did you cook it? I always cook the pie much longer, until a knife comes out clean.

    Gee Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The filling might look softer because I used my super-fabulous Vitamix. I did cook the pie as the recipe stated, not much longer. Maybe yours is getting dry because you are waiting until the knife comes out clean?? You don't want it liquidy but a little bit of jiggle is probably okay.

      Delete

Due to some bizarre spam comments I have recently received, I am moderating the comments for a while. I hope this spam craziness stops so this becomes unnecessary!